We still exist, don’t worry! In light of the recent Minecraft update, I’d like to update everyone on the state of our mods and what we’re planning. I have been absent from the forums, GitHub, etc. for quite a while, as I’ve had considerably less time to work with our mods than I’d hope (a job, moving, and college will tend to do that) but I intend to keep working as much as possible. Currently I’m working through everything that has piled up so far.
First, we will soon be changing our version system, which would basically be chopping off that fourth number form the end of every mod’s version. I haven’t updated enough to warrant actually needing that like I thought I would.
Second, let’s talk about MCA. Before, I had intended to make MCA 5 available for 1.6.4, however it doesn’t look like I will be able to do that and reliably support it. With 1.9 mods undoubtedly rolling out soon, having a working MCA 5 for 5 different Minecraft versions (1.6.4, 1.7.x, 1.8, 1.8.9, 1.9) is insane. In regards to that, I’ll be ending support for the base 1.8 version of MCA. This leaves 1.7.10, 1.8.9, and 1.9 that will be actively developed. Updating to 1.9 is my highest priority, but first I want to release a bugfix update for 1.7.10 and 1.8.9.
Once MCA is on 1.9, I’ll begin working on MCA 5.2, the Monarch update. It’s going to be pretty awesome, much better than it was in previous versions of MCA! I can’t really set a release date just yet, but soon.
Third, Spider Queen. It hasn’t yet made it up to 1.8.9, but that’s in the works. Once that is done, I will target 1.9 and continue with updates along the same schedule as MCA.
Finally, we’re tossing around a few ideas for new mods whose support would start on 1.9. We’ve made a good friend who’s quite the artist (most of you know we’re terrible with anything art related), so it really expands what we’ll be able to do.
- 3 elements in version numbers, ex. 5.1.3, not 220.127.116.11.
- MCA 5 for 1.6.4 will not be happening.
- MCA being updated to 1.9 is my highest priority.
- MCA development on 1.8 (not 1.8.9) will be ending.
- Bugfix MCA update for 1.7.10 and 1.8.9 coming soon, before 1.9.
- MCA 5.2 is the Monarch update, with a revised monarch system added back into the game.
- Spider Queen for 1.8.9 is coming. 1.9 following soon after, then content updates.
- Secret new mod ideas for 1.9, with an actual artist! Woo!
Thanks to everyone sticking around even with the lack of updates. You’re awesome!